Brenda has over thirty years of expertise working within and with the government, public sector, and provider realm. Her government and corporate career spans the three Prairie Provinces. She has held senior positions in the Saskatchewan and Manitoba governments, and senior government relations, community and stakeholder relations and strategic issues management positions in the corporate sector. In 2004, she founded her own public relations firm, Paregoros, Inc.
Her adept government relations skills are built on a strong intuition and deep understanding of how to communicate with and build relationships with decision makers and stakeholders influencing government. Her ability to scan public policy agendas, monitor government priorities and anticipate issues allows clients to take proactive steps to ensure their perspectives heard and understood. Her public consultation planning and implementation background has also produced unique client solutions that navigate legislative action and achieve positive outcomes.
Professional Experience Highlights
- Founder and President of Paregoros, Inc., public relations firm (2004 -present)
- Government, community and corporate relationship management.
- Strategic planning and counsel
- Effective strategic and crisis communications and issue management
- Community and stakeholder relations planning and execution
- Project Management
- Development of B2B conference management resources for companies and professional associations
- Conference and seminar planning
- Chief of Staff to the Minister of Health of the Government of Saskatchewan (2012-2013)
- Government and Community Relations Manager, Calgary Health Region (1999-2004)
- Held various Chief of Staff and Ministerial Assistant responsibilities, included: Communications Consultant and Policy Analyst in Offices of the Premier & various Ministries in Government of Saskatchewan & Government of Manitoba.
Committee & Board History
- Ernest C Manning Innovation Awards Foundation Dinner Committee
- 101st Grey Cup Festival, Hospitality & Pageantry CFL Alumni Committee
- Board of Governors, University of Regina + Chair, Human Resources Committee
- Calgary Counselling Centre Board of Directors and member of Human Resources, Governance Reputation Management Committees
- The Ranchmen’s Club, Special Events, Human Resources and Governance Committees
- Heritage Park Foundation Board member and Chair
- Canadian Association of Former Parliamentarians Honourable Don Mazankowski 2010 Dinner Committee
- Alzheimer Association of Alberta & Northwest Territories Board
- Saskatchewan Premier’s Dinner Committee
- Alberta Premier’s Dinner Committee